Our response to Covid-19
“Creating a safe learning environment“ just acquired extra meaning
courtesy of Coronavirus.
At The Change Forum, our top priority is everyone’s health and wellbeing, as it is for so many others around our global community.
We’re acutely aware that our live workshop formats may potentially be a spread-point for COVID-19, however remote that chance may be. So, we wanted to let everyone know personally what precautionary measures we plan to put in place at all our workshops and coaching clinics – in-house or public – over the ensuing months. You’ll also be able to opt for personal on-line, self-coaching access to selected programs in the second half of this year.
Due to the persistent vulnerability surrounding COVID-19, we’ll be observing new health protection requirements during our upcoming workshops, as recommended by Federal and State Governments. These are:
Before you attend:
- If you are unwell or have any concerns about presenting with possible symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend the workshop
- If you have been overseas, or had contact with anyone who has returned from overseas in the past 14 days, please reconsider attending
- If you have been in contact with anyone in the past 14 days who may be presenting with possible syf COVID-19 please do not attend
Register with confidence:
If you choose not to attend on these grounds, we will discuss options for making alternative arrangements for you to undertake the program (or an equivalent learning) at a later time. Please note that any COVID-19 related cancellation will not incur a late cancellation penalty. A full refund of your course fees will be available if you are not able to nominate a substitute attendee in your place and you do not wish to reserve your payment for transfer to an alternative course at a later date.
So you can register for our courses with the confidence of knowing that your course fees will not be lost should situations change.
Attending the program:
For peace of mind, we want you to be aware that we ensure all venues we use are compliant with current Covid health regulations. We also ensure that venues are to be thoroughly sanitised before the start of each workshop day.
During our workshops, we’ll also be taking preventative measures that we’d ask your assistance with observing:
- Smaller gatherings: we’ll be strictly limiting workshop numbers to 10 people or less and aiming where possible for around 6 participants.
- Hand-health: Hand sanitiser will be available in the room and we would encourage everyone to use it very regularly.
- Careful catering: most venues we use provide their own catering. We will be checking their protocols around food preparation but also insisting that communal plates of food be replaced with individual serves .
- Masking: If you wish to bring along your own hand-sanitiser, tissues or wear a protective mask, please do. Information about masks is mixed but there is sufficient evidence they may impede spread.
- Surface issues: surfaces such as tables will be re-sanitised during breaks and the room will be sprayed while you’re out
- Physical distancing: we will try to arrange workshop lay-out to allow as much personal space as we can between people, observing the 1.5 metre rules wherever we can.
- Social Contact: we’ll ask you to please avoid handshakes, hugs, physical touching or breathing on each other during the workshop. In relation to this, we will also be facilitating workshops in ways that observe distancing and reduce any closer contact where possible
- Going on-line: while we believe that face-to-face learning experiences are irreplaceable, you will be able to opt for personal on-line, self-coaching access to our programs in the second half of this year if that is your preference.
If you would like more information about precautions to take with COVID-19, the BBC has a useful information page ‘Coronavirus what should I do?’ at https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51048366 and for a more local perspective, go to Queensland Health information page: http://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19
Director – The Change Forum
10 July 2020